CHRIS SCHEMBRA is the Founder + Chief Question Asker of the 747 Club
Empathy: The Art of Human Connection
Chris Schembra, known as “The Empathy Coach,” is a keynote speaker, sought-after social influencer, executive coach, and entrepreneurial advisor whose passion lies in facilitating profound human connection in a deeply disconnected world.
Chris is called on regularly by elite creatives, corporate executives, and multi-billion- dollar entrepreneurs.
- As a producer or investor, he’s been involved in Tony, Emmy, and Grammy-award-winning productions, presidential campaigns, and highly-lauded overseas masterpieces—reaching many millions, and totaling 10 Tony Awards, 7 Emmy's and a Grammy.
- As a marketer, he's led Emmy Award winning social campaigns with 900,000+ participants; generating 3 billion media impressions and garnering more "shares" than "likes".
- As an executive advisor and mentor, he provides groundbreaking, innovative insights to leading global companies—including American Express, Dell; and TechStars, which is an ecosystem that has accelerated more than 760 startups and deployed more than $2 billion in start-up capital.
- As a sought-after thought leader, his direct work has been talked about in The New York Times, Thrive Global, Variety Magazine, Fox News Channel, Bravo TV, Newsmax TV, “Good Morning NY,” and many more. As part of his family’s company, he’s worked with the NFL, Verizon, NY Rangers, Marriott, Chicago Bulls, Lacoste, U.S. Presidents, foreign leaders, and thousands more.
- As a philanthropist, he serves on the Philanthropic Board of Trustees of the Easterseals Foundation. Easterseals is the largest disability services provider in the nation, serving more than 2,000,000 (million) people annually.
The 747 Club: So why does someone so credentialed consider a shared pasta dinner his greatest accomplishment? How did the experience save his life?
Chris received incredible accolades before the age of 30, but found himself broken inside—until an epiphany over his signature pasta sauce saved his life. Chris realized while eating his pasta alone that without authentic connection, insecurity left him cold and hopeless in a broken world. He figured that others must feel the same.
From emptiness to empathy...
To confirm his finding that we all crave and need greater connection, Chris invested in himself and others. He invited 16 strangers to share his pasta, put into the pot at 7:47p.m. Obstacles were broken, connections fused, and lives changed forever over a simple dinner table. Joy replaced insecurity.
Thus formed the 747 Club; a company which awakens empathy in people and organizations. By choreographing shared responsibilities and conversation, Chris dismantles barriers, builds teams, and changes lives. Today, Chris and his 747 Club are called on to help build community for executive leaders, virtual team members, and potential business partners—creating breakthrough connections.
Since July 2015, his 747 Club has awakened over 2,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and individuals; advised 60+ companies, and sparked more than 135,000 relationships.
Chris found his calling in helping individuals and teams build strong connections through Authenticity, Empathy, Vulnerability, and Safety. In a world that’s starving for connection, he thrives on curating meaningful relationships.
As a keynote speaker, Chris draws on these themes—helping people connect with each other, co-workers, and themselves. Chris models and teaches others to build safe connections with empathy first; from there, he shows businesses and individuals how to thrive. Through his keynotes, coaching, and the educational programs by his family's Hilton Head Island Performance Group; close to 1,000,000 (million) executives, salespeople, students, and athletes have been empowered to break down barriers and find excellence in their relationships and lives.
As he always says, "Hope ya'll are having a phenomenal day on Earth, Remember it's Your World Go Explore!"